We encourage everyone in the community to shop and support local businesses during this crisis.
Many neighborhood restaurants have taken the necessary precautions in order to keep everyone safe and healthy.
In addition to restaurants offering delivery and curbside pickup for food, there are local shops also offering these services for items to purchase that can make great gifts and provide entertainment while sheltering at home.
Here are some local businesses we encourage members to support. Please feel free to share other local business in the comments on the post on our webpage or in our private Facebook group. We can get through this together while support our community and neighbors. This is also a great way for those very new newcomers to learn some of our local attractions!
- Simmons Farm has a market on route 19 across from Market District Express. They have flowers, vegetable plants, and fresh produce. You can also call or email for curbside pick up. To do so please call 724-941-1490 for farm locations and 724-941-7540 for Rt. 19 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or enter with a face mask
- Emma’s Market & Deli located in Pinebridge Commons across the street from the post office. Get your deli needs! Fresh sliced deli meats, cheese, prepared foods, or even milk! 412-221-2216
- The Pie Place, located on 19 and Highland, by Pier One. Order online and pickup on Wednesday from 10-2 (they are also open for order pickup on Saturdays 10-2) great if you have a birthday to celebrate and need a custom cake, or just want a sweet treat… they also make some great savory dishes
- Fired Up Pottery is owned and run by a local USC mom and has great options for online viewing, phone ordering, and curbside pickup (11a-5p). Need an activity for your kids? Maybe an idea for a Mother’s Day gift to pass along to Dad…? They have a great Mother’s Day gift basket featuring other local businesses, but quantities are limited! Give them a call! 724-941-0302
- Toss Pizza and Wings. Why cook? Order a pizza and some wings and support a local business that delivers to your house!
- Cucina Bella for a quarantine date night! Order a delicious meal from a local gem and either pick it up or have it delivered through Uber Eats. 412-257-5150
- Ice Cream!!! We have several options close by.
- Learning Express in the Galleria – 412-341-8697 – is open and delivering. Do you need to purchase something for a child’s birthday or just need something new to occupy your own child? It is a 25$ minimum, plus a $5 delivery fee. They will leave the packages on your door and even wrap for free.
Please, as you visit these businesses, let them know that you are with the Upper St Clair Newcomers’ Club. We don’t expect anyone to follow these suggestions daily, but if you could please choose a day or two, or even create your own schedule, please help our local businesses in these hard times